Boundless Horizons

Boundless Horizons

Friday 21 October 2011

A Quick Catch Up

I haven't written anything for a while so I will just tell you briefly some of the stuff I have been up to recently.

I hadn't been running for a week or two because I wanted to try and get rid of the cold I had at the time. I never quite managed it and became quite bored so decided to run a 13.5km circuit that I do quite often and suffer the disappointment of finding out how much slower I was. To my surprise though I beat my best time by about 2 minutes, and the following week when I did the same circuit I beat that one by another 2 minutes.

I have just completed a beginners indoor climbing course at Kendal Wall. I had done climbing in the past at another club but never managed to get back into it after I left. Last Saturday I went along to young climbers club and we did some top rope climbing (bottom rope to be correct). I also joined the mailing list for the wall and was one of the 5 lucky winners of a free prize draw, where I won a month's pass. I think I'll try to make the most of it next week as it's the half term holiday.

My Dad bought a 2nd hand Ridgeback bike from Arragons in Penrith, that they had as a hire bike. We went for a 17 mile cycle the other day to try it out. We cycled to the New Inn in Hoff which has just opened up and I had lunch there. The journey to there was practically all down hill, and Dad was trying to find a route back home without going back up hill (I tried explaining the impossibility of this). In the end we went to Great Asby and on to Orton Scar, and Dad was disappointed when we came to, what was in his words 'the biggest bl**dy hill he's ever been up in his life'.

That's all really I haven't been up to much recently, but I will try and do some fell walking next week.
Oh and I got an 'F10 Vitesse' on ebay. A light weight tent that can be pitched with trekking poles or string to save weight? I'm looking forward to using that.

Thanks for Reading

Ethan 

1 comment:

Phreerunner said...

I'm pleased to hear that the pub at Hoff has reopened. We were disappointed to find it shut in June on our Dales High Way walk.